Thank you for your interest in cooperating with WideZine.net!
We love sharing news about different areas to keep the Widezine community users interested with a range of key topics and sharing expertise. However, we cannot accept all kinds of post requests we receive and we decided to establish rules for approval that provide the guidelines for the chances of success.
About the Widezine website
Widezine site is a startup project that comes from people with experience in different areas. We want to share this opportunity online.
- Our audience: It is a varied audience ranging from marketers, advertisers, entrepreneurs, brand fans and students, all looking to learn the latest news about technologies.
- Our tone: This website is informative, friendly, and fun to read. Conversational writing should be our main style to be accessible to all readers.
- News topics focus on technology, consumer electronics, hardware, software, gadgets, lifestyle, urban mobility, electrical cars, digital art and home appliances.
- Our posts: We will try to publish a wide scope of post, including (but not limited to!):
- News about the topics categories we mentioned on, which comes from the brand Press Releases;
- Advice experiences, product reviews and comparisons;
- Sharing Promotions, Discounts, Coupons, and Campaigns launched by the brands;
- Sharing Competitions, Prizes, Sweepstakes, Giveaways, Raffles, by brands;
- Sharing interesting tips or tools;
- Sharing market trends, data, and insights from the tech industry;
- Vertical-specific advice;
Guest post requirements
WideZine accepts guest posts that will have high quality, timely, accurate, actionable, and original, and that resonate with our social audience. Here are some best practices that will help us respond to you faster and, if your topic is a go, get it posted sooner.
- Check if we already covered your topic.
We’ve been here for days, months, years… so this is a must! If we’ve already covered your topic, we may still be interested if you can propose something more up-to-date or approach it with a new angle or different perspective. The best way to see if we’ve covered your topic is to do a Google search:
Google engine is your “best friend” to find anything. Do not include the parentheses [ ] in your search itself.
- Familiarize with the WideZine.
Please do it! To get an idea not only about topics but also about our basic tone and format (short intros, lots of titles and subheadings, short paragraphs, value-added images, etc.). Read our previous posts in their entirety, and then do some skimming and exploration.
- Check our specifications
Here is what we want!
- Sufficient length: 1,500 words minimum
- Brief introduction: ~150 words. Introduce your topic and then tell the reader what the post will cover.
- Friendly tone: conversational, not corporate!
- High quality: original, actionable, organized, and accurate!
- Scimmability: headings, subheadings, short paragraphs
- Images: screenshots, charts, graphs, concept illustrations, images from our existing posts, etc. NO STOCK IMAGES. A meme or two is fine. Images that don’t belong to us/you need to be cited via “Image source” anchor text under each image.
- Backlinks: no more than 3 per post
- Short bio: 1-3 sentences, can include links to your website or social accounts.
Here is what we DON’T want!
- Thin content that demonstrates a lack of in-depth knowledge about a topic.
- Fluff: redundant, filler words, uses many words to say little.
- Overly promotional content.
- Previously published or sponsored content.
- Stock images! (worth mentioning again).
What to expect.
We receive a high volume of guest pitches, so please be patient with us throughout all the process.
- Pitch response: If your pitch is chosen, we will do our best to respond within 1-2 weeks. Please follow up within 3 weeks if you don’t hear from us;
- Outline: Once we have defined the topic and title, we will ask for an outline. If the outline is approved, you will receive an outline!
- Draft: If the draft meets our quality standards, we will move on to editing. [If the draft does not meet our quality standards (i.e., is thin in content and/or cannot be improved without heavy edits), we will inform you that we cannot move forward with the post].
- Edits: We will edit the content to align with our standards as well as the WideZine style guide. If we need anything on your end a better quality image, a change to a section, or further elaboration on anything, we will let you know.
- Publishing: Depending on the level of edits required and the needs of our content calendar, your post may be published anywhere from 2-4 weeks after you submit it. This can be longer if we are particularly behind schedule.
Ready for publication?
Email at: news (at) widezine (dot) net[GUEST PITCH] in the subject line
A little about yourself: What experience or expertise will you draw from in your post?
Proposed ideas: Topic ideas are great, and title ideas are even better!
Writing samples: Please link to at least one existing post.
We look forward to learning from you and working with you!